Thread: adob photoshop notes class 19
- Join Date
- Feb 2010
- Rep Power
adob photoshop notes class 19
10. The magnetic lasso
In the previous chapter you tried to isolate a figure, and that was done with a selection.
You can select in many ways Ã¢â‚¬â€œ the magic wand is just one of the tools. Now you will see another tool, the magnetic lasso.
Just like in the previous chapters you will do a number of exercises. You will be testing the magnetic lasso (and it is almost genial), but of course we also use the opportunity to introduce different other tools and functions.
Start by retrieving the picture pplys.jpg from the home page for this booklet. That is a photograph, which needs loving treatment.
1. First save the picture as peter plys.psd. Then doubleclick on the layer Background, and rename it to plys:
2. You might want to zoom to 200% (press Control++).
3. Use the hÃƒÂ¥nd tool to move the picture, so you see the top of the bearÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s head. You do that by holding the space bar down and drag the picture itself down with the mouse:
Figure 22. Use the hand tool to navigate in greatly enlarged pictures.
Start the lasso
Now you are ready to separate the teddy bear.
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top" width="336"> 1. Find the magnetic lasso in the tool box. You can also press l three times, that should activate it:
</td> <td valign="top" width="18"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
2. The magnetic lasso has the property to automatically cling to areas with high contrast. Start in the settings line by adjusting the Frequency to 80:
3. Now click once with the tool in top of the bearÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s head, to the right of the left ear:
4. Then drag the mouse to the right along the edge Ã¢â‚¬â€œ without pressing the mouse button!
5. Can You se that the selection follows the contour of the bearÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s head. That happens automatically while you drag:
6. Now try to hold the space bar down. Then the mouse cursor changes to a hand. The lasso tool is also temporarily deactivated:
7. Use the hand (still holding the space bar down) to drag the picture a bit to the left. In this way you can navigate in a greatly enlarged picture. When you release the space bar, the cursor returns to become a lasso, and you can continue working with your selection:
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By $$$lover in forum Adobe Photoshop Complete CourseReplies: 1Last Post: 02-23-2010, 01:46 AM
By $$$lover in forum Adobe Photoshop Complete CourseReplies: 1Last Post: 02-16-2010, 11:21 PM
By $$$lover in forum Adobe Photoshop Complete CourseReplies: 1Last Post: 02-16-2010, 11:18 PM
By $$$lover in forum Adobe Photoshop Complete CourseReplies: 1Last Post: 02-16-2010, 10:52 PM
By $$$lover in forum Adobe Photoshop Complete CourseReplies: 0Last Post: 02-15-2010, 05:44 PM