Ramadan Atayef | Ramadan Cooking Recipes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 30 pancakes
• 20-30 Atayefs / pancakes from the bakers
• Ricotta cheese
• Flaked coconut
• Orange blossom/ rose water
• Granulated sugar
• Start by preparing your filling. Get 2 cups of ricotta cheese and mix with the rose/orange blossom water (optional). Add 1 tablespoon of sugar to taste but don't make it overly sweet.
• Take each round pancake and put a teaspoon of filling in the center (on the spongy side).
• Fold the pancake in half (without squeezing out the filling), and pinch the edges sealed to form a crescent shaped pancake.
• In a saucepan, fry the filled pancakes in ¾ inch layer of oil, until golden brown.
• Drizzle some honey and sprinkle some nuts on the top for garnish and added taste.
*can be cooked as an appetizer too by using white salty feta cheese for the filling and not adding the sugary ingredients.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)