Results 1 to 1 of 1
Eid ul Fitr Recipes | Badami Gosht
Badami Gosht is an extremely liked dish, on the occasion of Eid ul Fitr as well as otherwise. It is a spicy non-vegetarian dish, prepared especially to celebrate this festival of Id with food. It smells heavenly and is extremely luscious in taste, thus loved by everyone. You can cook it for your friends and family anytime, as its ingredients are easily available in the market. The article brings you the recipe of Badami Gosht. Try it and enjoy this delicious dish with your near and dear ones, on the auspicious occasion of Eid.
Recipe of Badam Gosht
- 5 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp Cardamom Seeds
- 1 large Onion (chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 1 1/2 inch Fresh Ginger (peeled and chopped)
- 1 1/2 lb Lean Lamb (cubed)
- 1 1/4 cup Yogurt (plain)
- 1 tsp Saffron Threads, soaked in 2 Tbsp boiling water
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 cup Ground Almonds
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 2 dried Red Chilies
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan. Add cinnamon, cloves and cardamom and fry for 1 minute. Add onion, sauté until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and ginger and fry for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add lamb cubes and fry until brown, for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk yogurt, saffron mixture, salt and chili powder together and add to lamb cubes. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Grind almonds with enough water to form a thick paste. Add almond paste and whole chilies to lamb cubes, stir well. Simmer for 5 minutes, over low heat.
- Add coconut milk, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until lamb is cooked through and tender.
- Uncover the pan for the last 10 minutes of cooking. Transfer to a warmed dish and serve at once.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)