Results 1 to 1 of 1
Eid ul Fitr Recipes | Badam Phirni
Badam Phirni is a sweet dish cooked on the festival of Eid ul Fitr. Though phirni is loved by all, it can be a real treat for those who love milk and milk products. Desserts are the pick of every festive meal and Badam Phirni has a smooth, rich and creamy taste, to live up to the flavor of the special occasion of Eid. It is easy to make and requires very few ingredients. It also doesn’t take a lot of time to cook Phirni. The article brings you the recipe to cook Phirni in the most delicious way. Read on and try it at home.
Recipe of Badam Phirni
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 tbsp Rice
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1/4th Cup Blanched Almonds (sliced)
- 1 tsp Green Cardamom (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp Kewra Essence
- Silver or Gold Foil Paper (varak)
- Soak rice in water for a few hours, then drain the water and grind rice into a smooth paste.
- In a non-stick saucepan, boil milk. After it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to simmer.
- Over a moderately low heat, add rice, sugar and cardamom to the milk and stir constantly, till it turns thick.
- Remove from heat and add almonds. Put in serving bowl and let it come down to room temperature. Now, put in the fridge and chill.
- Garnish with silver or gold foil paper (varak) and serve.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)