Results 1 to 1 of 1
Eid ul Fitr Recipes | Sheer Korma
Sheer korma is a traditional festive breakfast of the Muslims. Sheer, literally means sweetened milk, while Korma is made of dried dates. Sheer Korma is cooked as a dessert at the time of celebrations. It is served to the family on the morning of Eid and to all the guests who visit the house on the festival of Eid. The dish is very popular in India, Pakistan, and Arab countries. Read this article to know the correct recipe for preparing Sheer Korma. Make the dish at home and enjoy it with your family members and friends.
Recipe of Sheer Korma
- 1 packet Vermicelli
- 1 gallon Whole Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- 20 cloves Whole Cardamom Pods
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 1 cup Almond, Cashews and Pistachios, slivered
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cream
- 1/2 tsp Saffron Strands
- 3 tbsp Charoli Nuts
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Raisins
- 1/2 tsp Rose Water
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Fry the vermicelli in the butter, until well browned, but not burnt. By the time it gets cooked, all the butter will get dried.
- Add in 1/4 cup sugar and mix well. Cook for a few seconds and then add in the whole milk, cup by cup, stirring constantly. Bring it to a boil.
- Now, add raisins, whole cardamom, and 1/2 cup almonds, cashews and pistachios, along with the remaining sugar.
- Reduce the heat and thicken the sheer korma to three-strand consistency, letting the milk boil until it is halved.
- The vermicelli must be very soft by now. Quickly add in the rose water, charoli and fresh cream and let it simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with the saffron strands and powdered cardamom, and serve immediately
Note: The dish remains fresh for up to one week, if kept in the fridge.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)