Results 1 to 1 of 1
Eid ul Fitr Recipes | Baked Asparagus Wrapped in ProsciuttoBaked Asparagus Wrapped in Prosciutto
1) 16 large asparagus spears, tough ends removed
2) salt to taste
3) 16 slices of prosciutto, sliced thin
4) 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small bits
5) 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
6) freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees.
2. Butter a baking dish large enough to hold the asparagus.
3. Bring a sauce pan 3/4 full of water to a boil.
4. Add the asparagus and salt and cook until the spears are just beginning to bend when lifted by the stem, 5-7 minutes. 5. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking.
6. Wrap each asparagus spear in one slice of prosciutto and place in the baking dish.
7. Dot with the butter and sprinkle with the cheese and pepper.
8. Bake in the oven until the cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
9. Serve hot directly from the dish.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)