Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: 12 Wonders of Jama'at
12 Wonders of Jama'at12 Wonders of Jama'at
Jamm’at is when muslims gather to make salah in which one is the Imam who leads and the rest are muqtadee who follow him; there is great reward for jamm’at.
1) Sayeduna Anas (Radi Allahu anhu) narrates that the Beloved Prophet (Swall Allahu alaihi wasallam) said, “Whoever reads Salah with Jamm’at for forty days with the first takbeer * ; two salvations will be written for him: one from hell and one from hypocrisy.”
2) Sayeduna Abdullah bin Umar (Radi Allahu anhu) narrates that the Beloved Prophet (Swall Allahu alaihi wasallam) said, “Salah with Jamm’at is twenty-seven times greater than salah prayed alone.”
3) Imam Muhammad Gazali (Rahmatullahi Alaih) says, “Salah was so important to our salafsaliheen [pious predecessors] that if they missed the first takbeer they would mourn for three days and if anyone missed jamm’at then they would mourn for seven days.” (Mukashifatol Quloob)
4) Sayeduna Maymoon bin Mahraan (Rahmatullahi Alaih) came to the masjid. He was told that the jamm’at has finished. Upon hearing this, he sadly said, “The fazilat (auspiciousness) of this [jamm’at] is better than ruling over Iraq .” (Mukashifatul Quloob)
5) Sayeduna Abu Hurairah (Radi Allahu anhu) narrates that the Beloved Prophet (Swall Allahu alaihi wasallam) said, “If the people knew what was in the [calling of] Azaan and [being a part of] the first saf [row of jamm’at] then they would not get it without drawing names. So they would draw names [i.e., they would compete for the honor of these two acts]. (Bukhari)
Thoughts and Points
6) Jamm’at is compulsory for every sane and mature man who has the ability to pray salah. It is very important for the people living in the vicinity of the masjid to attend the jamm’at.
7) To move closer to a masjid or madarsa with the intention of getting Jamm’at is a very commendable action. May Allah give us the taufeeq to keep our Masjids and Madarsas filled. In fact, keep this in mind when moving or buying a house.
8) If you live so far that you can not drive or walk to the masjid or madarsa comfortably then make time to come for jamm’at atleast once or twice a day or week or more[based on distance and means of travel] to atleast earn the reward of coming for and praying with jamm’at.
10) One should not think ‘I can’t make it for Jamm’at, I am too busy with school or work and family, this if from the Shaitan or our ill-Consciouss. If you make the intention and effort, Allah-willing, the hardships will go away.
11) Stand in the saf (rows) shoulder to shoulder so that there is no space left imbetween.
12) To wait for Salah has been called “Salah,” so be punctual for the Salah.
* First takbeer which is also called Takbeerul Tahreema
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)