Thread: MS Excel 2007 Lecture # 15
MS Excel 2007 Lecture # 15
How to Edit Cell or Turn Off Editing in Microsoft Excel 2007?
Where do you want to do the editing in your worksheet cells? Excel 2007 allows you to specify if editing should be allowed only in the Formula bar or also in cells.
By default, Excel 2007 allows you to edit the cell information either in the Formula bar or in the cell itself. However, in some cases, you may want to turn the in-cell editing feature off because you want to protect your worksheet cells data being modify!
This tutorial shows you the steps:
To edit the worksheet cells
- Select the cell and press F2 key and start modifying OR simply double-click on a cell that you wish to modify.
- When finish, just press Enter.
To turn off the cell editing
- Click the Office Button and then click Excel Options button.
- From the Excel Options dialog box displayed, click the Advanced at the left side of the dialog box.
- Under the Editing options section, clear the Allow editing directly in cells check box.
- Click on OK.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)