Thread: MS Excel 2007 Lecture # 17
MS Excel 2007 Lecture # 17
Excel 2007 Table: How to Create and Use the Table Feature in Excel 2007?
There are three ways to create a table in Excel 2007, and each method has its purpose.
1) Use Insert Table dialog box
2) Use Table icon
3) Draw the table
To create a table with Insert Table dialog box
- Open a new worksheet or workbook.
- On the Insert tab, in the Tables group, click on the Table icon.
OR press Ctrl + T.
- From the Create Table dialog box displayed, Excel tries to guess the range, and whether the table has a header row. Most of the time, it guesses correctly. If not, make your corrections by click and drag the ranges to create the table.
- Click OK.
To add text to a Excel 2007 table
- When the table first appears on the worksheet, the insertion point is place in the first cell of the table.
- To insert the data to the table, just start typing.
- To moves between cells, you can use the mouse to click the particular cell or use the following keystrokes: Tab - Move to the next cell.
Shift + Tab - Move to the previous cell.
Down Arrow - Move to the next row.
Up Arrow - Move to the previous row.
If you want to apply formatting to one or more cells, rows or columns; you must first select the cells to be affected. Here are the selection techniques:
To select a row
- Move the mouse to the left of a cell in the first column, and the mouse pointer changes to a right-pointing arrow. Click to select the entire table row.
OR press Shift + Space.
To select a column
- Move the mouse to the top of a cell in the header row, and the mouse pointer changes to a down-pointing arrow. Click to select the data in the column.
- Click a second time to select the entire table column (including the header).
OR press Ctrl + Space (once or twice)
To select the entire Excel 2007 table
- Move the mouse to the upper-left part of the upper-left cell. When the mouse pointer turns into a diagonal arrow, click to select the data area of the table. Click a second time to select the entire table.
OR press Ctrl + A (once or twice)
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)