Thread: MS Excel 2007 Lecture # 18
MS Excel 2007 Lecture # 18
Formats the Excel Table As You Wish - The Step-by-step Guide!
This tutorial shows you how to adjust various aspects of the table's appearance to suit your needs. These including changing the columns width, row height, add rows and columns, etc.
To add a new column to the end of a table, just active a cell in the column to the right of the table and start entering the data. Excel automatically extends the table horizontally.
Similarly, if you enter data in the row below a table, Excel extends the table vertically to include the new row.
To change columns width and row height
- Position the mouse pointer on the border below the row or to the right of the column that you want to resize. The mouse pointer turns into a line with arrows on each side of it.
- Hold down the mouse button as you drag the row or column to a new height or width. A dotted line appears showing where it will go.
- Release the mouse button.
- You can have a column automatically resize to fit the contents of column by double-clicking on the column edge.
To add rows or columns
- Click within the row where you want to insert a new row or column.
- Right-click and point to Insert from the shortcut menu and choose one of the options
- To delete a row, click within the row you want to delete.
- From the Table Tools Layout tab, in the Rows & Columns group, click the Delete icon and from the menu select Delete Rows.
To delete column or row
- Click within the column or row where you want to delete.
- Right-click and point to Delete from the shortcut menu and choose one of the options.
To move a table within the worksheet
- Move the mouse pointer to any of the table borders.
- When the mouse pointer turns into a cross with four arrows, click and drag the table to its new location.
To move a table to a different worksheet
- Press Alt + A twice to select the entire table.
- Press Ctrl + X to cut the selected cells.
- Activate the new worksheet and select the upper-left cell for the table.
- Press Ctrl + V to paste the table.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)