Enable the Quick Launch in Windows 7
In Windows 7, the Quick Launch Bar is not displayed by default, but its really easy to add Quick Launch Bar in Windows 7.
Just follow the described steps:
1) Right-click on Taskbar and select the Toolbars - > New toolbar.
2) The New Toolbar – Choose a folder dialog box displays. Enter the following path in the Folder edit box:
%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
Click Select Folder.
3) On right side you will see that Quick Launch Bar is added.
4) To customize the Quick Launch Bar, we have to unlock the Taskbar first. To do this….right-click on the Taskbar and select “Lock the Taskbar”. (Remove the tick sign)
5) To make the Quick Launch Bar look and behave like a toolbar, right-click on the dotted border to the left of the Quick Launch Bar. Select Show Text and Show title options from the popup menu so neither one is checked. The Show Text option displays text next to each shortcut on the Quick Launch Bar. The Show title option displays the title “Quick Launch” on the Taskbar.
6) Click and drag the dotted border on the Quick Launch Bar to the left to expand it. This turns the Quick Launch Bar into a toolbar, as shown below.
7) Here is a sample Quick Launch Bar converted to a toolbar.
8) You can drag the Quick Launch Bar all the way to the left side of the Taskbar, next to the Start button. Note that, if you do this, any items pinned to your Taskbar are moved to the right side of the Taskbar next to system tray.
9) Once you have set up your Quick Launch Bar to your liking and moved it to where you want it, you should lock the Taskbar. Right-click on an empty portion of the Taskbar again and select Lock the taskbar from the popup menu so there is a check mark next to the option.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)