Turn Windows 7 Laptop into a WiFi Hotspot – Share Laptop Internet
Turn your Windows 7 laptop into a WiFi Hotspot to share the internet with friends, family, mobile devices or colleagues. Take any internet connection and share it wirelessly with any number of devices with no additional hardware. With ADSL/DSL internet connection, we tend to have a modem / router to connect laptops / computers to the internet. The problem arises when we want to connect through a wireless mobile device and we want to use internet on it using our ADSL/DSL connection, we can not connect the mobile device through the ethernet cable. It can only be connected wirelessly. Here is a software based solution.
Connectify is a software based wireless router which turns laptop wireless into a full blown WiFi hotspot so that other wireless devices can connect to it for using the internet. It will work for Windows 7 based Laptops only.
How to share internet connection wirelessly
To get started, click on the Connectify logo in the Notification Tray.
- Select the Internet connection you wish to share
- Choose a name for your new wireless network
- Choose a wireless passphrase
- If the Mode box is visible, select “Access Point” if it is in the menu, otherwise, use “Ad Hoc”.
- Press the Start Hotspot Sharing button to turn on your wireless network
- Now, from your other devices, you can see your wireless network. Choose to join it, and enter the wireless passphrase to connect.
Download Connectify – Wireless Internet Sharing Software
Download Connectify (1.17 MB)
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)